Probably the necromancer was one of the most expected classes to return in Diablo 3 because of his interesting skills, especially for the variety of his summons, but in Diablo 3 we have the Witch Doctor, which more or less is like Necromancer because you can summon all kind of pets, which will help in your journey to save Sanctuary. As the title says, in this dps build for the Witch Doctor I will focus on high damage skills mostly.
What also makes the Witch Doctor an interesting pick in Diablo 3 is that beside pets you also have good AOE skills with good damage, he can even sacrifice his pets to kill the monsters (similar to corpse explosion in from Diablo 2), or you have a variety of curses and hexes which can weaken the enemies and makes the Witch Doctor a good partner in cooperative party play. He has a good capability of crowd controlling, like holding the monsters in place or even inflicting a fear which will make them to flee from the battlefield. Many players will ask what is the best build for the Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. I will say there is no such thing, because there are a lot of good builds for the WD. I will go on and list all the active and passive skills for this dps build for the witch doctor which will rely on curses and high dps skills.
Active Skill list:
1. Firebats - Call forth a swarm of fiery bats to burn enemies in front of you for 150% weapon damage as Fire + Hungry Bats rune
2. Locust Swarm - Unleash a plague of locusts that swarms an enemy, dealing 360% weapon damage as Poison over 8 seconds. The locusts will jump to additional nearby enemies + Searing Locusts rune
3. Soul Harvest - Feed on the life force of up to 5 enemies within 16 yards. Gain 130 Intelligence for each affected enemy. This effect lasts 30 seconds + Vengeful Spirit rune
4. Gargantuan - Summon a Gargantuan zombie to fight for you. The Gargantuan attacks for 25% of your weapon damage as Physical + Humongoid rune
5. Fetish Army - Summon an army of dagger-wielding Fetishes to fight by your side for 20 seconds. + Devoted following rune
6. Big bad voodoo - Conjure a Fetish that begins a ritual dance that increases the attack speed and movement speed of all nearby allies by 20% for 20 seconds + Slam Dance rune
Passive Skill list:
1. Vision Quest - Any time you have 4 or more skills on cooldown, your Mana regeneration is increased by 300%.
2. Gruesome Feast - Whenever you are healed by a health globe, you gain 10% of your maximum Mana and 10% Intelligence for 10 seconds. The Intelligence bonus can stack up to 5 times
3. Spiritual Attunement - Maximum Mana is increased by 20%. Regenerate 1% of your maximum Mana per second.Mana is the fuel you use to cast offensive and defensive skills.
Advantages of Diablo 3 Witch Doctor DPS skill build:
- Good aoe damage
- Good CC capabilities
- Not so gear dependant
- Decent single target dps
- Low Armor/hp
- Relies on pet to tank/help